Originally Posted by Anonymous
The point seemed clear to me. Here's the truth(s).

Yes, the Yellow Jackets have continued to prove their fine team quality this summer.

The problem is that most teams have just grown tired of the manipulations, the manufactured brackets, and the arrogant attitude.

The Top Guns (Lacrosse by 3) put on a tournament and draw teams from across the island in their first event. The Yellow Jackets put on a tournament and draw 13 paying customers from five clubs. Seems to be a fairly obvious point to me.

You want to know why they have five teams in the younger age groups? That makes up for the revenue missing on their tournament line item. The top line revenue is the same - only the distribution is different. The newbie parents are picking up the load.

Have to keep the revenue numbers strong when trying to sell the club, right? Unfortunately, Connecticut is not as fertile as expected.

Seriously ,after your showing at National draw you would think you would stay away. Your lacrosse by three tournament is a joke, the competition at that tournament is horrible with the two best long island clubs sending 0 teams.As far as having 5 teams in an age group you really need to get a reality check in that YJ proved more than just their top teams are competitive , in most cases YJ second team performed better than TG 1. Your top level teams have never won a competitive game and forget about your second level teams.Again what are the TG kids getting for their money, terrible pinnies, terrible coaching even if they show, zero off season training, zero tournament championships,the best coach cannot be involved due to time constraints and the 50 mile rule. Get off the sinking ship while you can, go join YJ I am sure they will make room for your players on team 6.
As the original poster, I can guarantee you that I am not a Top Guns parent and have not even had a player go through that organization. Your response tried to turn the obvious "voting with dollars" taking place at the tournament level into some Yellow Jackets vs. Top Guns team-by-team comparison which was not the point of my post at all. So let's try this again.

The Yellow Jackets run a tournament. It used to be well attended and now no one hears a word about it. In total, 13 teams attend that were not Yellow Jackets programs. Those 13 teams are from a total of five, yes five, clubs.

The Lacrosse-By-3 folks run a tournament. It attracts three dozen outside applications in multiple age groups from more than a dozen clubs around the region.

Bottom line is that Lacrosse-By-3 is getting the word out and people are listening. Not only do the Yellow Jackets expect people to just "know" about their events (explaining why you never see their tournaments) but then get mad in posts like yours when the franchise is called out for only attracting two men and a dog to their events.

Bottom line is there are jealous negative people like you who come onto the YJ thread to critic the club when you just cannot stand the fact that most YJ players and parents are happy.You keep bashing that in some age groups they are five teams deep , so what I think any kid that wants to play lacrosse and get better should have a place to play. The lacrosse by three tournament you are touting is a joke with no competitive teams,I would rather play competitive games against other YJ teams than play in a non-competitive tournament that you will be doing. If you are a TG player in the younger age groups look into other options before its too late and your kid misses out on some great opportunities.