Originally Posted by Anonymous
Suppose you had the following numbers for twenty eight teams entered into a tournament. Could you guess what "tournament" this might have been?

Club A = 15 Teams
Club B = 5 Teams
Club C = 4 Teams
Club D = 2 Teams
Club E = 1 Team
Club F = 1 Team

Now, suppose I told you that this tournament took place in mid-June ... in Connecticut.

Still, need another hint?

These were the clubs : Yellow Jackets (A), Lax Plus (B), Yorktown (C), Noreaster (D), Brewster (E), and Team Superstar (F).

Advertised for 60 teams, only 13 teams applied! Another <<tournament name deleted>> Yellow Jacket success story.

And your point is ?

yeah, you took some time on that post, yet can't figure out what you are talking about, are you praising or bashing yj, or the tournament? Very unclear post, try again.
The point seemed clear to me. Here's the truth(s).

Yes, the Yellow Jackets have continued to prove their fine team quality this summer.

The problem is that most teams have just grown tired of the manipulations, the manufactured brackets, and the arrogant attitude.

The Top Guns (Lacrosse by 3) put on a tournament and draw teams from across the island in their first event. The Yellow Jackets put on a tournament and draw 13 paying customers from five clubs. Seems to be a fairly obvious point to me.

You want to know why they have five teams in the younger age groups? That makes up for the revenue missing on their tournament line item. The top line revenue is the same - only the distribution is different. The newbie parents are picking up the load.

Have to keep the revenue numbers strong when trying to sell the club, right? Unfortunately, Connecticut is not as fertile as expected.

Seriously ,after your showing at National draw you would think you would stay away. Your lacrosse by three tournament is a joke, the competition at that tournament is horrible with the two best long island clubs sending 0 teams.As far as having 5 teams in an age group you really need to get a reality check in that YJ proved more than just their top teams are competitive , in most cases YJ second team performed better than TG 1. Your top level teams have never won a competitive game and forget about your second level teams.Again what are the TG kids getting for their money, terrible pinnies, terrible coaching even if they show, zero off season training, zero tournament championships,the best coach cannot be involved due to time constraints and the 50 mile rule. Get off the sinking ship while you can, go join YJ I am sure they will make room for your players on team 6.