Originally Posted by Anonymous
I had not thought about the tournament being down. You are right the younger age groups accept any kids parent that has a checkbook. Top teams are doing fine but 5 teams... really???

Bottom line it's all a business been down this road three times. Everything's a business. If you think your going to get your a kid a full ride to college by playing lax and being a yellow jacket then your sadly mistaken. Take that money you spend each year put it away to pay your college tuition bills. Unless your on CR "Dream Teams" top blue she will not make a phone call or email on your child's behalf unless you pay more $$ for her recruiting service. Then you have the coach at your other levels lets be real they all have favorites and are not equally helpful with every child when it comes to recruitment. I personally have worn this hat twice with YJ and refused to do it with my third. It's funny how a coach will pull strings or make phone calls for one child but when it comes to a child who is equally or even more talented because they didn't pay the $$ for recruitment the coach doesn't go out of their way. If your daughter is young spend your $$ on camps and training no matter what club you go to its about the $$ I know kids who didn't play YJ or TG for that matter and were very successful in their college playing careers...it's like everything else in this world the rich keep getting richer...and we the saps keep giving it to them!!