Originally Posted by Anonymous
John Jay has no players left . They went 4-11 last year and have maybe 2 kids moving up to varsity this year. The youth program barely wins at any age . The hs team could not get enough players for a fall league team. The question is, why is jj struggling to get kids playing? Is it the coaching, the parents? Why the lack of commitment ? Why are the coaches Mia while the program implodes?

100% accurate! Sounds as if you are someone on the inside of the Kat/boro area.

I posted the 5:31PM comment above. The JJ alumni that said that to me two seasons ago has so far been right about the diminishing lax skills and how bad the HS program will fall. But he was not critical of Timmy to me. His assessment in the problem was no one with a great level of lax knowledge/experience is helping out the JJYL program.

The Kool Aid drinker with the dissenting post, conveniently points out that the alum are coaching at various clubs, but not with JJYL. Which supports your comment about the youth program barely winning.

I predict the JJ HS will be stuck in this rut for another 4 years, regardless who coaches them.