Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are missing the point. This has nothing to with tryouts. My son was not there we play for another team. We cannot comment on a tryout. Someone made the statement that fl$ does not have any great players. That statement is completely false. My sons team has played them and they a couple of great players that my son knows well and would make our team or any other team better. Most teams have at least 3 or 4 great players that could make any team. Give them credit. Every kid that plays lacrosse on Long Island and beyond knows who they are. Great teams have 9 or more great players. Those teams that have more depth and talent win more games. But don't short change the few great players on many of these teams

Agree 100 percent. My son plays for another 2017 team and he has played with several of the fl$ kids and they are as talented as anyone. So I guess its pick on fl$ week? Leave the team and the kids alone theyre fine.

When there are 2 or 3 really good players on a weak roster those players look even BETTER, the old "big fish small pond" routine. So fl$ is a smart move at this 2017 age if your son is at a high level of ability, if you don't care about your kid being on the WINNING team all the time! Which as most of us realize, means nothing.