Originally Posted by Anonymous
“ You never think about not playing. You just don’t think about that. But if you do you are a looser. “ - Jermaine O’Neil. I say good for those kids who choose to play division one lacrosse. The least successful people in this world are the ones who make safe choices and avoid doing hard things because of fear of failure. If you fear division one because you will not play then make the safe choice and play Division III. If you don’t fear you won’t play then try and play division one. Never let fear of failure dictate your decision.

Ok, so let’s look at the logic. 73 schools, of which the top 25 are at a whole different level. So for attack, mid, d, there will be 2 recruits for each position on average. So if you aren’t in the top 50 in your position, and not given an opportunity to go to one of these schools, do you go D1, because it is D1, or do you pick the best academic program, and have a shot At playing for a championship run?

Many 2021 and 22 players who I know who couldn’t break the top 25, decided to go option 2. My son had D1 offers but a few at that 25 mark, but he didn’t see himself at those schools. It’s lacrosse. They will play for 4 years and get a job. There is no money to go pro, so pick the best school. The first showcase we went to Desko told the boys to pick a school like any other student would. Find a school that you like first, and lacrosse second. Outside of the elite players, I think this is solid advice.