Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, but I think his point was if 60 kids are on rosters, most won’t be having the times of their lives. 50 kids are standing on the sideline watching 10 play. Maybe another 8 to 10 get some action. So 40,42 kids are basically just there so their parents can tell people my son plays D1 lacrosse. So missing out on college life for most players on those teams, is that worth it? I’m assuming that was the point being made.

Or maybe they got into a school they never could have without lax and already got to their end goal? Playing is gravy...

Very doubtful. Most top schools do not except students for lacrosse that could not make it in with out. Lacrosse makes the process easier. Every kid that gets into Duke, ND, Virginia etc. Get in because they have the grades. Lax does not help a kid get accepted to a top school. This is an excuse people use to justify spending thousands of dollars on youth lacrosse. The clubs sell this BS.

I disagree. My son got into a top school he would never have got into without lacrosse. . He did visit one of the three you mentioned and the coach told him a gpa that was needed that was much lower than the 4.0 that was needed to get into that school for non athletes. It depends on be recruit. All are not treated equal. By the way my son was not one of the top recruits in the country so you don’t have to be the best of the best to get into a top school with lesser grades than needed by non athletes. .