Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Couldn’t wait to get little Johnny on committ list on BOTC for D1! Now they know that most kids freshman are gonna ride the bench, haha my kid just got committed to a D3 school and I know he’s gonna play and get a good education too! Suckers.

What a sweetheart you must be.

Seriously, you don't have a clue? So what if they ride the bench for a year. Chances are the D1 education is way better, but of course your johnny is the exception. Plus after waiting the year that D1 Player will have oppurtunities when d3 doesnt have them at all.

Not really sure what this means. The D1 player will have opportunities when D3 doesn’t have them at all? You’ve obviously never attended a top 20 D3 game. The top D3 schools are comparable to the 30-50 D1 schools athletically. Educationally... there is a wide range of educational opportunities in D3. From MIT, NESCAC ( Tufts, Middlebury, Williams, Amherst, Wesleyan etc ), Centennial ( Gettysburg, Dickinson, Haverford, Swarthmore, Franklin And Marshall, etc ), as well as Steven’s , RPI, Union, OWU, Denison, Washington & Lee and a host of other great schools... so you’re way off base in your assessment.

I'm confused. Your son landed at a D3 school you and he are happy about. That's great. Why the nasty comments about kids who took a different route as long as they're happy? Seems odd.