Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do feel sorry for them. Us old folks, it is just another year. For these young men, they lost a year that they can never get back. My son doesn't stink, he made All County, but got passed over by the D1 programs that were recruiting him for these 25 year old seniors. I don't hold a grudge against the holdbacks, the 5th year senior, or the programs that chose to taken a proven player over my son who is a maybe.He passed up PG to go to a school that fit him academically, has been to the playoffs many times, he likes the coach and the players who are there, so I'm thankful it all worked out for him. But you fools who think that they got passed over because they stink, just shut up. Your kid probably never even played on their D1 program as a 25 year old, and you troll here to make yourself feel better. Feel sorry for all the kids, they all got hosed.

As the Mom of a 2022 daughter where there really aren't holdbacks in any school year, we have had the same experience with luckily the same positive outcome but getting to that outcome has not been easy. And it has been the same for her club and high school teammates as well. My DD was being seriously courted (through her club of course) by mid to high level D1 coaches in the months leading up to Covid. We were visiting schools and doing admission tours all over the country. Than Covid struck and everything changed - including not having a sophomore lacrosse season in a highly competitive conference. This also meant zero high school film for her sophomore year either. Now she is committed to a high D2 program. She had offers at lower level D1 but the one she committed to matched all her other "wants" and she really liked the coach and current players she interacted with. In the end it should work out but I know of some very talented players who it has not worked out for yet. They may not get the chance at all to play NCAA lacrosse in college. At least the 5th year players have. All of these kids have lost something. I just don't feel that the 5th year evened the playing field for all college/potential college players. And I also know many college players who didn't get to have their normal Junior or Senior year playing experience because those who chose to stay kept their playing position ahead of the younger kids denying them their opportunity to be on the field. Some will wait their turn for their 5th year and some can't afford to do so (either in money or time).