Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes! Bravo to this post. My kid is older now and playing top club lacrosse at a high level. I think the reason he has stayed passionate and committed to the sport is how he Began it and how much fun “he” originally had. He started on a very fun , “more casual” team and had the best time with his buddies there. We just did more outside training to help with the Lacrosse skills. What he got from those two years was invaluable and has made him the player who absolutely loves lacrosse today . I think parents mistake is making it way too serious too fast. You don’t have to start on “the most serious and best”… see how your son is developing as a player and what “his” commitment level to the sport is and go from there . Good Luck, have fun… life is way too short.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
27/28 parents…don’t listen to anything you read here. Tryout for a couple teams and pick the one that is fun and your son has friends on. Stick with them don’t bounce around, it’s a waste of time. Make it convenient to your family and it will work out. None of this BS matters . If he’s good he’ll rise to the occasion. If not he had fun with his friends and hopefully you as parents made a couple friends along the way. High schools don’t care where you played, how many HOCO wins or tournament trophies some coach is hoarding in his man cave. It’s a game!!!

I agree probably the best thing I ever seen on here.