Originally Posted by Anonymous
USA awards are kind of silly. It's basically 25 different all region/sub region awards. I don't know how many of the 50+ "All Americans" from Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio would even start at your average LI high school.

It's "USA"...covers the nation, the best players in the nation in each area voted on by the regional coaching staff. Doesn't matter about how'd they compete vs other regions. It's the most legit selection. You'd rather have a payola, politics, parent, crony system like Nike/UA/Warrior or other tournament run by a travel club?

Actually, The USA Lacrosse All-American selection process for Nassau and Suffolk have traditionally been the most political of all of the awards. Unless they have changed the process in the past year or so the selections have in the past been very political. Players who have been named All-American in the past for the most part have always been excellent players but the process has been very political and there have been many players left out simply because they did not have an advocate (coach) on the selection "committee".

We will have to agree to disagree. No payola going on like UA and others especially when dealing with public school. Private/parochial, maybe. Public no.

I find it hard to believe one family and varsity head coach can politically play the minds of 16+ very different public school coaches across leagues in either Nassau or Suffolk. Especially with the diversity of 'upper and lower class' areas, or the 'us vs them', 'have vs have not' mentality of those districts. THEN, that repeating 16x (since eight are represented in each county). No way. Plus, all of this done within a nomination and voting time frame on a single night coaches meet to get all awards, local and national, selected? No way.

I'm pretty sure there is a committee, but it oversees the final tally ONLY AFTER nominations and votes are done by ALL the coaches in each league.

You are out of touch and have no knowledge of history.

And you make baseless statements with no basis in fact. You have no knowledge at all.