Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lax needs to go to birth year.
Period.
The grade-based system is idiotic.

They tried not working out....the funny part is people will say it all even's out in HS. Yet kids get recruited off the club teams....look at the 2024 MVP from the National AS event this weekend, he looks 18

Holding back works time and time again. It isnt used by majority of players, but players wanting D1 it is norm in private school to be a overage player playing down.

You have to get over the holdback situation - sorry but when you get to HS and College she doesn’t matter. Our kids routinely play and beat teams with holdbacks and often play kids an age up. Just get used to it and in the end best the team - it’s as easy as that.

It does matter.. and it works great. Duke used to publish the birthdays of their players. When I was deciding to hold my child back, I went thru Dukes roster. Not ONE player was on age and born after Feb of that year. Pretty amazing stuff. Most on age are born within the first few months of the school year. So of course there are many on age players, just about None that are starting on any top Club, MIAA school born after January of their age for grade.

Now does that mean all holdbacks are starters, of course not. But the stats are what they are.