Originally Posted by Anonymous
The NY State Regional Championship is charging $499/player plus cost of hotel which is around another $450. This includes 5 games, some practices, uniform and an Epoch shaft. Is this event really worth close to $1000 before travel, meals etc.? Is the exposure to college coaches that great, especially for a 10th grader? Anyone have experience participating in the past?

My son is a 2021. The top 50 game had every d1 coach watching that game. When we went to the championship event in Binghamton we were disappointed on the number of coaches who attended. The good news is the coaches who do attend focus on the Nassau and Suffolk teams and every coach watched the Nassau vs Suffolk games. However it was not close to the number of coaches who attended the top 50 game on Long Island. After the first time we went we never went back to Binghamton even though my son made the team. My son would play in the top 50 game and then decline the invitation to Binghamton. My son was heavily recruited and on college visits we would ask the coaches what events he was seen at. Many said the top 50 game but none said Binghamton. My advice is to see if there is a better showcase. If not you should attend if there are no better options. . We did not attend after the first one because we felt there were better options. Find out which coaches are attending and that should guide you. If there is a good number of coaches at schools that you would be interested and no better option your son should attend.