Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
See this is why you gotta LOVE the interwebs!!!!!!!!!! You guys down in Jersey do it right!! I had no idea about TOC. Thats AWESOME!! See I'm a NY guy but the kids play travel in Jersey and will Attend Jersey Catholic HSs. Great stuff!!!
Welcome to NJ Lax. Your kid will love playing Jersey HS lax. Heads up, the non pubs are ultra competitive. NJ ToC setup is great. Winning it is the ultimate goal for every player in the state. Does NY have something similar?

So this year NY phucked up the HS sports for the kids. But basically lacrosse speaking they did section championships. There are 11 sections in the state not including NYC, they do their own thing. Under normal conditions the section champs will go and play in the state tournament. The schools are broken up by size, A/B/C/+D. "A" being the bigger schools to "D" being the smallest. So essentially there are 8 state champs ever year, 4-boys and 4- girls. Some of the other sports get super notIntelligent like for instance wrestling and football. Wrestling champions get broken up in to big school little school champs and they added wild card wrestlers in each weight class. In football there's a what I call continental state champ or main land NY champ, a NYC champ, and a Long Island champ. Again all broken up by school size. Really convoluted IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah thank you I really feel at home in NJ. My wife and I love Bergen!!!!!!!! I'd love to move to Jersey but I'd have to get a real job and give up my hobbies, lol. The sports are really competitive in turn the travel clubs offer lots of training. Obviously the Catholic HSs are the carrot and I've explained to the kids that its more then just wanting to go to them, its more then just being good athletes, and that the schooling and grades are paramount!!!! Luckily they are smart like mama bear, so time will tell!!