Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Possibly moving to the Nyack area for a new job. I have a 15 year Atk/Middie/Faceoff kid who will be a Sophomore in the fall. What are some of the best lacrosse HS in the area that I should have him attend to compete for states over the next 3 years? Also, what are the best club teams in the area. Thanks in advance for the advice.

I would considered Don Bosco before any public HS in Rockland.

Top 4 clubs on the Westchester/Fairfield side are (alphabetically):
Eclipse
Predators
Prime Time
2Way

My son's a Rockland player who has played for Prime Time for years. Given the alternatives, no question PT is the best club program in the region. No B teams, all resources are focused on their one team at each level. All their teams are typically ranked in the top 10 in the country. Director knows all the families, well connected and is no nonsense. Your kid must be prepared to earn his spot every year (no Daddy coaches, all are highly qualified). Note practices are about a 45 min ride from Nyack, but any of the lesser programs are still a 30 minute drive and any reasonably comparable top program is an hour or more. Sounds like you're not from the area so note there is generally no TZ Bridge (uh em Cuomo Bridge) traffic to get to practices (evening rush hour traffic flows opposite, Westch to Rockland).

Also Nyack HS is very well coached. My son once played for their coach in another program. Top public HS teams in Rockland are usually Tappan Zee, North Rockland, Pearl River and Suffern (in no particular order)...Nyack prob the top of the next tier. None of them can compete with the top Westchester teams. Private schools are Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic & St. Josephs (all just over the NJ border). Best of luck.