Originally Posted by Anonymous

I think what the guy said was great, but you probably think its fair that LaSalle plays in the public league.

Lasalle plays in the Philadelphia Catholic league. Are you referring to the fact that they play in the PIAA tournament? They do not offer athletic scholarships to players like the Inter Ac. People pay to go to their school....do you find that to be some sort of advantage?

Your joking right.....like the inter-ac they give merit-based academic money and need based as well. And oh yeah they have no boundaries like the other PIAA schools.[/quote]

I'm not trying to be dismissive of your thought, but to receive merit based or need based funds, you need to fall under very specific parameters....none of which include athletic prowess. I am certain you do not understand the process.[/quote]

No joke whatsoever at LSCH OR Inter-Ac. You must be a dad who never heard a coach or admissions office say “don’t let the sticker price fool ya.” And yeah, some schools’ first offer that comes along with the admissions letter clarifies that this tuition assistance does not have anything to do with Athletics, or the Arts, etc. That’s when the negotiations begin, and the sports bumps come into play. The best I heard it described was like this: Financial Aid is need based but merit distributed.