Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In northern VA, I have seen public high school freshmen playing varsity. They are good for their age but they really have no business playing varsity. Don't even ask me why they are on the varsity team - perhaps just not enough talent to go around in the public schools. Not sure how it would hurt them to spend a year or two on the JV team.

Apparently there are people who are willing and able to pay $30k - $40k to have their kid repeat 8th grade at a private school. Great for them, I guess. Seems kinda crazy to me tbh.

My own 8th grade son, when I told him there were kids repeating 8th grade, said "heck no, I want to get done with school as soon as possible".

D1 may not be in his future then

So the question becomes: What does (attempting to) play D1 get your son?

Bragging Rights and an elite team to play on.

I guess if you play for Salisbury you don't get to brag about your numerous championships because you're D3 and thus not "elite"?

Or if you go to MIT, you gotta feel bad because your team is D3 and has never won a championship so no elite bragging for you. If only you went to mighty Syracuse instead of dogsh*t MIT!

Obvious you have your son shooting for D3, not that there is anything wrong with it as Seinfeld said.