Originally Posted by Anonymous
Biggest losses to turnover/graduation this year.

1) Loyola - 70% starters graduate
2) BL - 2 to 3 starters at each position lost
3) St. Mary’s - strength of the team was D and they lose a ton
4) CHC - lose 2-3 playmakers and some grinders to graduation. Lose a starter to founders league
5) Spalding - key losses in goal scoring middie and attack. Goalie and fogo graduate.
6) McDonogh - lose inside finisher, 2 dynamic middies and a long pole

MIAA was in a down year. Talent this year was very mediocre , Frankly, the talent pool is mediocre in entire MIAA compared to rest of country with explosion of lacrosse in many states. Please, I know, overall it is a great conference and many players that have stick skills off the charts. And yes , they will have a handful of players that play D1, but the good ole days are gone with many players making an impact in D1. Many will be on D1 teams and ride the bench for 4 years, while the true athletics pass them buy from other areas.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Apparent you have not seen or been to a MIAA game this year. Perhaps you are from the DC area and feel they are better, who knows but you are showing a very low lacrosse IQ. I'm still guessing here so maybe you are 12 yers old and your little brother just started playing lax and you feel you have it all figured out. Very disrespectful to put down the kids playing in the MIAA with your nuttheD comments.

Must have hit a nerve there. Relax and reread what I wrote. There are still some skilled players coming out of MIAA. Just that it isnt what it used to be as the rest of the country and their athletic players pass many MIAA players by.

its a very true statement, people just don't want to hear the truth. MIAA players are already "coached up" and really don't take leaps & bounds when they transition to the college game, they really just mature physically (though many are already 19 coming out of high school)