Once again, it was clearly Defense, goalie play as well as taking control of the "middle of the field" in the second half (winning on the circle to get the DC) that was the difference in the Championship Game. I'm sure the know nothing who says that "defense wins championships" and "control the middle of the field" are cliche will still not get it. If you you do not get it by now my guess is that you never will. Those that do not get it know nothing about lacrosse or competitive sports in general.

Todays game changed when BC sent a double on 44 early in the second half, they made the stop got the turnover and never looked back. They controlled the middle of the field in the second half and they made the stops defensively.
SU couldn't get a draw off the circle, couldn't make a defensive stop and the Goalie (who is obviously excellent) had trouble making a big save). I don't know if BC made better adjustments at the half but at the end of the day the difference in the game was: Goalie play, team D and BC's ability to control the middle of the field. Oh, and BTW it was once again a Man to Man D that won the championship. SU's zone can be frustrating but as with most zones, good coaches with selfless, smart, talented players will eventually exploit it. If you have the athletes, man to man is tougher to beat because you need to be more athletic than the defenders to beat them one on one, someone needs to be able to win their one on one match up if you want to score some goals.

Congratulations To BC, AW and all of the players.

Pretty sure North walks away with the T. Congratulations to her.