Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spalding was a very good team this year. Its not easy to go from perennial basement-dweller to the finals in the MIAA. They hopefully can stay top six. If Phipps sticks around and they can maintain influence over the league, that will help. But winning is a culture that needs time and discipline- so we shall see. St. Mary's has it, Calvert Hall has it, McDonogh, BL, Gilman, St.Pauls, Loyola all have it. But only six get a shot to win it. Unless of course, the rules change... which I think will happen. My guess is the league will be "encouraged" to invite everyone to the tournament every year. Argument being, it makes $ense. Sad but its coming. The MIAA has all but run its course. A new league and Association will form in the next 10 years if not sooner.

My guess is that changes are coming too. Several schools have recently ramped up out of town players, recruiting and boarders. Several are skirting the rules now. That along with getting more teams in playoffs will require some new thinking. Talent is off the charts with multiple talented club teams starting these players before 10 years old.

Anyone watching the BL/Spalding game could see the talented lacrosse players that were out there. Only going to get better.