Originally Posted by Anonymous
It looks as though in this discussion, statistics are being used in two different ways. One is trying to use cumulative offense & defense ranking for the season, the other is using numbers from the championship game (goals allowed). I do agree with the point that statistics as well as a teams record can not be used to compare or rank teams in this sport.
The argument that the team that plays the best defense in the championship game or holds their opponent to fewer goals than they normally score sounds like a solid argument.

You lose all credibility with your ad hominem attacks, they signal that your argument is weak and not based on anything other than you opinion. You have also identified yourself as the type of person who makes this sport so toxic. In the end, the team that wins will most likely be the team that gets great goalie play, plays great defense (including the Mids), re-defends well and controls the middle of the field (in transition and on the draw).

Could you come up with a few more cliches ,controls the middle of the field is your best one . “...holds their opponent to fewer than they normally score sounds like a solid argument “ until you get a clue and realize that as the teams competition get better of course they would be expected to score less than their season average . As a matter of fact the winning teams have all scored less than their season averages. You lose all credibility because you are clearly uneducated and that’s what makes this sport toxic , clueless parents spewing nonsense because they are bitter that their kid did not make UA, was not recruited by the top teams , was switched to play defense. You don’t think that a teams record can be used to compare or rank teams yet the 8 seeded teams have made it to this weekend ,do you think the seeding committee just guessed .
The best thing about your entire post is saying someone loses all credibility when using ad hominem attacks while you are using ad hominem attacks .

Wow, the hits just keep coming... I think you might want to dust off the old dictionary and review the definition of an ad hominem attack as I didn't notice one in the post above yours. Didn't see any cliches either but that's neither here or there it's just his opinion. How you make the leap from "what it takes to win a championship" to... bitter parents because their kids did not making UA, not being recruited by top teams or their kid was moved to defense... is a bit strange and really makes no sense at all. If the committee used a teams record to seed the teams the seeding would have looked like this:

1 - UNC at 18 - 0
2 - NU at 13 - 0
3 - Stanford at 11 - 0
4 - Denver at 15 - 1
5 - Fairfield at 13 - 1
6 - Jacksonville at 11 - 1
7 - UMass at 15 - 2
8 - Stony Brook at 14 -2

Obviously the seeds were not based on record.

I get it now, you are either brilliant at playing clueless or just truly clueless. When you attacked me (saying I am toxic..) and not my position that is the very definition of an ad hominem attack. The leap was simple ,this sport is filled with bitter parents like yourself who I would guess can't stand that their defense playing daughter does not get the recognition that the offensive players get so they constantly bring up the old cliche "defense wins championships" .If you do not think a teams record is one of the main factors the seeding committee uses it just shows how completely clueless you are.

Bla Bla Bla.... give it a rest already. You responses, your attitude, your attacks and your opinions tell us all we need to know about you. You know nothing about the people you are responding to or their daughters yet you believe you do, the same way that you believe you know everything else. The reality is that you do not. It has been entertaining watching you blow up though. I’ll go with the team that plays the best defense in the championship game will win. Just my opinion.