From sideline chatter at HOCO Hawks parents are mad by the slow offense and how the kids wont be able to compete in high school with shot clock. Turtle offense they are forced to play has best going to DCE. “Quote”

I find the above perspective interesting. Looking at points scored at HoCo Hawks average more points per game then any other 26 team so not sure how it is a turtle. This being said, I believe all good coaches coach to maximize chance to win given the rules. As there is no shot clock at 7th grade all teams take their time to set up an offense. Based upon stats and number of wins it appears Hawks do this better then any other 26 team.

Next year there will be a shot clock. This rule change will inevitably cause offensive philosophies to change bringing a greater sense of immediacy and aggression. If the Hawks (or any other team) stay with their current sets they probably will struggle. My guess is that the Hawks coaching staff realize this and will roll out new sets and looks to account for the shot clock. If they do their talent, from what I saw when they played my son’s team in HoCO, will keep them at or near the top of the heap. It stinks to say it and to hear it, but better talent typically wins the most games. Just sayin…..