Originally Posted by Anonymous
The amount of "non-athlete" daddy's on here is amazing. Guys who think a HS program's success is based on D-1 commits. If you ever played the game, or any sport for that matter you would understand it is the Team, not the I. that's why so many of your sons will fail at the college level. Once it's not about junior he will walk away from the game. All because his daddy told him it's about the "commitment" not being a team player, and that the team win is more important. Oh well, good luck with your 3-7 season while GC beats your behind again.

By GC parents saying my kid’s HS (GardenCity) will beat your HS it invites the comeback from a D1 college commits to say my college team being D1 will beat your GC kids D3 college team. Just thought you should know what people are thinking each time GC parents claim our HS lacrosse team will beat yours. Continue on.

If you think a HS program should be dedicated to your son becoming a D-1 commit, you're foolish. If your only goal for your son is to become a D-1 commit, you are foolish. If you think there is a pot of gold at the end of the lacrosse rainbow you are foolish. Continue on

I do think that a HS should develop the team and the individual players especially when the parents pay 2-3K to play on the in house club team. Doing that and the result getting into an average d3 lacrosse program and decent liberal arts (low on the graduate pay scale) academic college is not a good result. But everyone has different standards on what they consider successful and foolish.