Originally Posted by The Hop
Actually, allowing additional eligibility due to COVID is a bad decision. Yes it may be great for the grad students etc, but the effect on so many other players including the current freshman and high school players of recruiting age is far more damaging and impactful than the disappointment players who lost a year may have felt. Far more players are adversely impacted than those who would have lost a year.
Using the argument FOR added eligibility, shouldn’t the current freshman also get an added year? Since their ability to play may be taken away due to grads playing ahead of them?

Good decision or bad decision the decision was made and everyone has to play by the same rules. Why is the situation more impactful on current freshmen and High Scholl Players?

No, the current freshmen should not receive an added year. There are always 5th year players and transfers, not playing as a freshmen because you did not earn the playing time over another player should not enable you to have an added year simply because you didn't earn playing time. There are many freshmen who are earning playing time. Life is not fair, nothing is handed to most people it is earned. It is a difficult situation for everyone, do the best you can, where you are with wat you have. Many players (freshmen, sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, Transfers, 5th yr) do not see the field.

The following statement from above blows me away but I guess I shouldn't be surprised:

** "Since their ability to play may be taken away due to grads playing ahead of them?"**

Players / people in general are owed nothing except the chance to compete. Nothing is being taken away from freshmen or any other player for that matter. Players have to earn "playing time" it doesn't matter what year the player is or it they are a transfer.