Originally Posted by Anonymous
Talk about bitter people. The question raised is .... do the schools that have brought back 5th year players and grad players/transfers and are over the 12.5 scholarship cap have an advantage??? Pretty simple. Blah blah about fully funded programs. Again don’t need a wlax history lesson. With all the knowledgeable experts out there can we get an answer

An advantage over who?
What is the purpose of your question?
Are you trying to somehow diminish the success a team has if in fact the team fits your cry?
Are you trying to make a point?
Why are you obsessed with the question?

Answer a question with 6 questions. So much for knowledgeable experts. Ok. Will spell it out for you. Team-A brings back numerous 5th year/ grad players and uses 20 scholarship dollars. Team-B stays at the 12.5 cap. Which team has advantage. Not too hard a question. Not a trick question. Sooooo.....answer the question Kreskin.

I notice that you didn’t answer any of the questions. BTW this is college lacrosse, many teams have many advantages over many other teams. There are programs that offer no scholarships, there are programs that are funded to different levels, there are programs with indoor facilities, there are programs that have more flexible admissions standards, yet we do not see people whinnying about it. Your weird fixation on this topic is a bit strange.
Since The Ivy’s are not playing I will use them as a benchmark.
From what I understand The Ivy’s do not offer scholarships, in general they do not permit graduate students or 5th year players, and for the most do not allow players to transfer in (I realize that there may be exceptions at some from time to time). Maybe I missed it but I do not recall Parents of Ivy players on here complaining that other teams have an advantage or that there should be an asterisk next to teams that win a NC because they have an advantage.
Why don’t you just come clean and tell us all why you are so worked up over this?