Originally Posted by Anonymous
You sound like someone whose kid did not make the Express Wolverines. In any case, you are wrong on your facts. There are 3 coaches on this team including MS and one of his Assistant Coaches at Kellenberg. MS coached the team in fall tourneys and fall practices. He did not coach the team in the OBLL which was an add-on. The parents were told he would not be coaching the OBLL when they were asked if they wanted the team to play in the spring league. The other 2 coaches(including MS' Kellenberg Assistant Coach) coached the team during the OBLL games. The team did not practice during the OBLL but I was happy with that as my kid was practicing every day with his middle school team - enough LAX for us.

MS has been at every practice once the team started practicing for the summer tournaments. He coached the team as it went undefeated in the JDRF. He will be coaching the team at Forsberg.

As for A or B. I have not seen the top Team LI team but as far as I can tell there are 2 2018 teams on Long Island that stand apart - Team 91 Orange and Express Terps. Not sure how the Wolverines would do against either one of them but if those 2 teams are considered A then I will agree Wolverines and every other good team on LI are B. But if they are considered "AA" teams then the Wolverines are an A team. The Wolverines have lost a total of 3 games during the many games they have played in fall tournaments, spring tournaments, OBLL and JDRF. Only 2 teams have beaten them. They lost to fl$ in an OBLL game but beat them in a rematch at the JDRF. They lost twice to 91 White by 2 goals each game in a spring tournament. I think most people would call the 91 White team an A team. For the most part, the Wolverines just came together this year. They are a very good team that is very well coached by 3 excellent coaches.

As for the summer tournaments, they are playing 3 on Long Island, 1 in NJ and 1 in Connecticut. I am okay with that. I hope you enjoy the hours you spend sitting in traffic getting to and from your away tournaments. I am more interested in the tournaments being competitive and my kid getting better over the course of the summer.

Thanks for your concern but this Wolverine parent has been very happy with the team and coaching.

Jesters have tied you twice... Yes Wolverines have beat jesters a few times.