Originally Posted by Anonymous
So much Penn State chatter lately, I guess with a few more local girls headed there, it is to be expected. I don't think they are a bad team, or a "not good" team, as someone has stated. I do think there are definitely over ranked right now. They are over ranked because they beat a MD team that was way over ranked at the time and it catapulted them from unranked at the start of the season into the bottom of the top ten. Which seems like it makes sense except we have now seen MD has not returned to there usual top of the heap, so that win really should not have launched Penn States ranking. If a unranked team beats MD now, they wouldn't see that jump into the top 10 rankings. I still think SBU, FL, VA, BC, probably Towson any maybe even a few others should be ahead of Penn State. They do belong in the 10-20 range, along with 10 other teams and you could pretty much shuffle the deck at that point, and MD should be considered in that mix as well at this point.

Get a grip, Towson was just blown out by Temple, Stony Brook struggled with Towson. Florida , Virginia and BC are right there with Penn State. Stony Brook and Towson not so much.

Florida lost to UNRANKED Jacksonville
Virginia blown out by BC who UNC beat by 12
Penn state another loss ( this one they left with their dignity)

Very surprised to see Jacksonville beat Florida (good for Jacksonville). BC looks to be stronger than most expected. Virginia having an off year. Penn State is solid. Northwestern, Syracuse and UNC are on another level. Looks like Boston College, Notre Dame, Penn State are the next three. Maybe Maryland will improve and put up a fight to be # 2 in the Big 10. Florida is the biggest surprise. Virginia is usually much more competitive. Loyola is also surprising really thought they would be more competitive . Does anyone think Va Tech is Top 20?

UVA having an off year ? They lost 1 game and have beat a team that they lost to last year and have not beaten BC in 5 years . Would say they are a top 15 team easy and having a typical year It’s UNC and Cuse , NW not on their level . BC top ten but easily behind UNC , Cuse , NW , PSU , SBU , ND . BC in w Towson , MD , Drexel , Florida

Stony Brook? Please tell us what they have done? Towson? Did you not see Towson vs Temple? Towson and Stony Brook, really? Florida ? not at this point, sorry Jacksonville loss hurts. We will see how Virginia does the rest of the way, no hiding in the ACC. Would love to see Drexel do well. BC, PSU and maybe ND look like the only teams with any shot at upsetting the Top 3.

UVA will struggle the rest of the season looking at their schedule but who would not with the majority of the rest of the season playing ND , Cuse , UNC , UNC . That said my point was they are not having a down year just a typical year for them , usually in that 10-20 type team for a long time now . The only teams that I would be surprised if they lose ( other than to each other ) are UNC , ND , Cuse , Nw . All other teams can lose to just about anybody