You build it they will come.

What do those Nisky JDW CBA N.Sisy (upstate) boys do for the summer. Sorry Im bypassing Westchester, but facts are they are not even close.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The wolverines are a very good team. We played them several times in OB. I would hardly call them a B team and their coach is a varsity coach who appears to do a great job!

In 2018 the hierarchy of things for Express is A Terps, B Wolverines, C Piranahs. Its is not a slight calling them a B team Its just the facts. Their coach was supposibly MS but he has really not been involved. Dont know who their current coach is. The fact that this team of talented players isnt being given the chance to travel and play away tournaments is just sad.

Sad? Sign me up. Why travel? you can play the best competition right here. Let the other teams travel here. Last I checked the No 1 HS team in country in 2012 was from LI. Oh and the current 2013 No 1 is from LI. If the rest of the teams out there want to play the best, let them travel here. Drive all the way to MD and play teams that play down, no thanks.

Yup your right. Live in your bubble. Wake up lacrosse is no longer a long island sport. You do have the rankings down but no idea what is going on outside of LI. I can assure you the there are parents on those teams that are not happy about playing only on LI. It's also about the experience and camaraderie. It's not that playing on LI doesn't give you quality competition. Its what was advertised. Travel summer team away tournaments etc.

Blah blah, so don't play for that team. Ask for your money back, they'll give it to you. Otherwise call the director and stop pi--ing and moaning on here. As for the rest of the lacrosse world, I'm well aware. However, you've got to look at the facts. When a top school like 'cuse only had upstate and downstate kids they were unstoppable, winning many NCAA crowns. Look at the roster now. Look at the results now. Maybe, just maybe, football converts are not the answer... Maybe pure Lax kids from LI and Upstate was and still is the recipe?? Looks like Duke is starting to see the light. main reason they won the NCAA was the face off X and the goalie... Oh and multiple top players are now headed there from SWR, GC, and Cham... How about Cornell? 7 or 8 of the starting 10 were LI kids... Not saying there aren't plenty of talented kids from all over the place. I am saying that LI is still loaded with talent. Quite possibly the best talent. With that said, let the other states come to us!