Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a 91 show case . They would rather play all their kids and lose then play kids that are better and give the the li teams a chance to win.

Not true. It is a money grab and whoever is willing to pay, makes the team. The only difference is 91 actively recruits newbies willing to pay and there are more newbies at 91 than anywhere else. (I was one once, I got better, you can too!)
This is absolutely not a showcase. Its an extra summer event. Yes they make money off of it but not sure why some of you think everything should be free and if it is offered to you it is a money grab. Ask the question, what do I iwant to get out of it and then determine if it is the right event. If you want complete and total disorganization and mediocre lacrosse this is spot on. If you want to pull your club team together and a few friends and enter a team to win its probably more fun that way. We did it 2 years (6th and 7th grade) and hated it and enjoyed it equally. Made some great friends and played some great lax in the finals. For A or B players it originally gave a chance to play with AA players. Now with NLF the days before I wouldnt expect top talent. Especially as most folks then need to be at NAL the following week. Highlight of the weekend, 100+ kids in their fiddle sticks playing lax out back the hotel. For A or B players it originally gave a chance to play with AA players. All that said, it was one of the most fun events my son has done. Cant recommend it but wont disparage it either.