Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Top Long Island high schools are still the top agreed. But they are not the top because the have the best starters. Unknown schools have more d1 starters than some of those top schools. You don’t need much to beat garden city starters who have no d1 players. Top schools like garden city and others have more depth and that is where they will win. Not because they have the best starters like a few years ago."

OK, so you are saying the same top schools consistently put out good teams that are deep but may lack transcendent star, but every seven years all the other schools at the bottom of their conference will produce a stud? Great. That is the difference between a town and school with an entrenched program and the random occurrence of a great athlete going through your district every decade. So roll the dice and move to a lower tier program playing the odds your kid will be that stud or go to a town with a program and good schools. Seems pretty clear to me... I'd be willing to bet that the top 5 Nassau programs, in no particular order, Manhasset, CSH, GC, Massapequa and Syosset have more kids on D1 rosters than the rest of the County combined. Not a fact, but I bet pretty close.

For 2021 you are wrong. Massapequa, CSH, and Garden City have less than five d1 altogether. I think the number is Four or three. You are definitely missing the point. Going back over the last 4 years and figuring out who has more Division I players is not being considered. Of course you would be correct because the point is that in 2020 and 21 those bottom Tier high schools are starting to produce Division I players and taking the spots of the Top programs. Will it continue? Who knows. But it is odd that massapequa, CSH and Garden City did not produce many Division I players in 2021.