Originally Posted by Anonymous
So Carey is the presumptive “best team” in Nassau because they have the most D-1 commits. Good to know!

I don’t think anybody is saying Carey is the best. I think the point people are trying to make is that the traditionally best teams for 2021 had their spots taken by kids from high schools that rarely have produced any college players much less division 1. Schools very close to Garden city such as North Shore and Garden city surrounding school districts were very successful in producing Division I players Carey being one of them but not the only one. I truly think Garden City got hurt for the 2021 class by all those kids not playing club lacrosse. The ones that played club lacrosse had the most success. The ones that stuck to the Garden City in-house program playing in C tournament did not benefit at all. The results show with no division one commits. I will never forget a few years ago according to a garden city parent on one of these threads that Garden City will always dominate and their 2021 class in-house will all be D1 and destroy any team not know for lacrosse by 30 goals.