Originally Posted by Anonymous
A lot of TG parents don't care that their coaches are embarrassing. stunads accept idiotic behavior. Everyone hears Shannon and Andrew cursing at players and referees, been happening for years. They justify it as it "makes them tougher" or "gets them ready for college." or some other SB like that. In reality, they are just white trash. they get yellow and reds..hurting the team on the field in the process. Big turn off for parents who want good role models and smart coaching for the good coin we are paying. That is why half the roster plays. the other half travels and gets junk time even in recruiting tourneys because they want to be seen as the best, but they just are not. very uncaring toward teh commitment of families who are bring their kid there to be developed but just watch. Seriously, you have to be notIntelligent to not explore other options.

Guess you never saw the YJ coaches? Kings/Queens of Yellows and ejections. You also mention half the roster play. That is a YJ thing as well. I know YJ families who have driven to MD on Fathers day, and their daughters didn't step on the field!. On TG, everyone plays, although the better players get more field time, this happens in all top club teams. As for role models, as long as my daughter is being treated fairly at practice and tournaments, I'm good. What coaches do on their own time is not mine or my daughters business. Do you think all the coaches on other teams are great role models? Years ago, my daughters YJ coaches who were college players would show up (or not) hungover to the tournaments. Puking in the porta pottie between games. YJ and TG are the best clubs on LI and have more similarities than differences. It sounds to me that your daughter would be better suited for team 91 or Elevate. If you can't swim with the big fish, get out of the pond. And if your looking unicorns and rainbows in your lacrosse team, you will have a disappointing and frustrating journey.