Originally Posted by Anonymous
Re-classed kids all over the basketball court and football field. Some cry just to cry.

so that makes it OK?

It’s ok because it’s not against the rules and people can do what they want. Kids are held back for many reasons. Who are you to tell people what’s a legit reason and what’s not? You don’t know the WHY.

Always played in leagues that were 9u 11u 13u 15u
Then high school where if talented enough playing against kids 3-4 years older-
Each of those U seasons meant that you played at each for 2 years - one year on the younger side and one year on the older side-
Played, soccer, basketball and lacrosse-
People complaining about holdbacks still is just an excuse for their kid..

Terps top attackman is returning for his 5th year and has to be 25-26 years old. He is getting praise for the entire lacrosse community- except I guess little Johnny who is an 18-19 year old freshman who dad wants him to transfer now because it’s not fair!!

Change to Grad Years has made it worse, most prep and bmore private schools were already reclassing kids but now its across the board and with club lacrosse spread like wildfire parents are way more invested not just with money but time.So many schools to choose from within a few mile radius or even ones that travel 30-60 miles away.(to play with other reclass kids) Parents in the 70's-90's never were so invested in their kids teams like they are now. Not only the kid but the parent spends just as much time as player on a year round club team.Then add the money being spent to make sure player is GREAT makes sites like these so darn fun and entertaining. The helicopter parents badly drivng around in full size SUVS cant get enough of it. The obsession of not letting kid fail or fall behind is why this is such a sore subject. Even though those that may fall behind or play on B teams always manage to catch right up, be just fine and learn some valuable life lessons in the process.

Huh????

I understood the post. Parents are making it all about johnnys success instead of johnnys enjoyment. Of course i might have misunderstood because i skimmed it while barreling down 97 in my suv with a load of kids for fitness training and covid tests so we can travel to the big tourney