Originally Posted by Anonymous
I watched the SBU team scrimmage and I am wondering what anyone else thought . My observations for what it’s worth .
Positives are this looks to be the best team SBU has ever had . They have some high end players T.O. , AK, K Huff, with more depth than they have had in the past . The goalie play looks above average and you know Spallina with have his zone defense ready .
The negatives are that they play such a weak schedule that not sure they will be battle tested for the multiple difficult games it takes in the tournament . It’s obvious JS plays favorites even with the calls he makes as a ref which can create some chemistry issues and most likely is the cause of so many players transferring out.
Side note it was obvious his selection ( make no mistake it was his selection) for the US team was just wrong , I am sure she is a good freshman player but looked to be not a top 4 midfielder or top 8 player on her own team .

Great for the players, great marketing and use of social media. Stony Brook has been one of the best programs in the country for the past 8-9 years. Will this be their best team? Time will tell. As for their schedule being "weak"... Do we even know what their schedule will be? Stony Brook has improved their schedule in recent years and I would not call it weak.

As for The Defense... Zone or Man, it really doesn't matter. In order to win in The Tournament a team must play excellent Team Defense. Nice to talk about the offense and the players who score goals but Championships are won by teams that are built from back to front starting with the goalie.

At the end of the day, SBU will again be very good this year.

Good luck to all.