Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are right. Most clubs are like that now. Express started it. The other clubs saw how much money they were making. And they joined in. When my oldest started playing. Teams were 18-20. Now it’s insane Don’t blame any of the clubs. At the end of the day I would assume most parents are happy with it. If they weren’t they would leave and find something else
The other thing I notice is that parents want to be part of a winning club. Doesn’t matter if their kids are getting play time or limited practice reps. They want the status symbol. I personally think it’s crazy.

It's so true. We saw in NJ a good 7-8 kids on his 2026 A team that never saw the field. Not even for one minute in the last game.
The kids that never play on the A team, could play with the 2nd team. They would get more than ample playing time with a great coach, making the entire team better. But they just can't bear to NOT be part of that CoachC team. People hang around for the wrong reasons and the only ones to blame are the parents. Don't tell me they're in it for the practices. That's BS. It's for the sliver of hope that CoachC will call upon you one day. If he hasn't by now, he never will.