Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I'm shocked not to see complaints about the UA team. Looks like CR kept half her team

If you haven't figured it out this a YJ program. If you are not on YJ you are making a donation. If Corrigan wanted the best players he would have independent evaluators.

Two years ago the exact group of girls tried out for spots on the Under Armour Command team. It was for the BBP/Legacy and Mattituck Under Armor coaches and there were also TG evaluators. There was no Carol Rose, yet pretty much the same YJ players were chosen again. By luck? by chance? You can rule out politics as it was a completely different selection committee. Then from what club exactly would you expect the most players to come from? For most age groups there is no doubt the larger number of players have to come from YJ. Everyone always wants to cry foul on every Select team roster selection, whether it is UA, USA, schoolgirls, and every award from the IL lists, All American, County awards...... They want to cry foul when kids get recruited over their own, etc, etc....The same girls who make this UA team are the same ones recognized for all these other other teams, honors, lists. Do you really think CR controls every aspect of everything ever lacrosse related? And if she does, then you are playing for the wrong club. But the correct answer is, the girls are very good and very deserving. Congrats to everyone who made the team, including the non-YJ players!

When the evaluators have a disproportionate number of girls from their organization make the cut, there is a problem. In other age groups, I would tend to agree with you that YJ has more talent. Not for 2023. The YJ 2023 team is no better than Jesters, Legacy or TG. You would think that all of those teams should be equally represented. As for 2024...give me a break! Maybe 1-2 girls would be on par with the better 2023s. It's a shame that the evaluators don't give these girls a fair shot. Disgusting actually!

LOL, the only evaluators for the 23/24 age group were Jesters and YJ. Website promoted unbiased evaluations. You should all demand a refund since what was promoted wasn’t what was provided.