Lets put this into perspective financially: Girls 2023: 2,600 for the 2020 "season" * 22 girls = 57,200. All paid up by December. So call that 50,000 per team, with A/B that is 100,000 per grade. Lets be conservative and say 6 grades. That is 600,000 these directors are putting in their pockets. Maybe they got burned pre-funding a tournament here or there, but clearly they spent less on that this year than ever. They had no travel costs, or incidentals.

I inquired about a refund and the director, who I will name eventually, whines telling me how hard his organization has been hit financially. He is completely full of garbage. He is better off now than he ever was.

And to be absolutely clear, these clubs are all acting in concert. They have all agreed not to refund anything, and are holding firm.

In a normal year, I would call them greedy- but at least they providing something for their exorbitant fees. This year they are bordering on fraudulent- keeping all of that money and providing no product.

I know attorneys- I wonder if I were to sick one of them on these guys, if they would roll to avoid the expense of defending themselves.