I am not the person that wrote the other post, but I am a lax parent from a 2018 team.As far as the Penn coach coming to the game and the step on the throat comment,what school will your kid be playing for? I hope my son isn't on his team.I can just imagine what that experience will be like for your team!
Parents make the ultimate decision for their child,true.From my experience,I do not think ALL parents and kids are in this at 12/13 years old for the cut throat part of the competition. On the other side of the bench,some of us are there for our kids to play,learn,grow and develop as players AND as fine young men. Many of these boys will be playing on teams side by side and then against each other on club,school,select,camps whatever teams. Many of us parents will be cheering for them all the way. Its too bad that the few bad oranges in the bunch don't see that. We will continue to explain all these valuable life lessons that sports has taught our son. This is just another one along the road.Yes parents are the consumer and the team is a product,but again there are young boys emotions involved as well.A tough line to walk when you put children's emotions in the mix. This insane world of youth sports is out of control because of adults,but that does not make it any easier on the kids that are playing on the field.