Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess you're right that this particular player doesn't owe it to his team and lacrosse at 12/13 years old is cut throat. However, I hope that in the real game of life we have not fallen so far morally. When we try to teach our kids values, I hope we don't always take the easy way out and say you don't owe it to anyone but yourself. Only look out for you. That may get you to a certain point in lacrosse, but at the end of the day are you happy with yourself? Are you proud of your decisions? When you have to start making excuses for your decisions and try to justify them to convince yourself and others, then somewhere in the back of your mind you know that it is not right. You can hide behind the thought that it is our son and our choice and we call the shots. But, are you teaching your son how to be morally responsible to a team that he committed to? You're not. You may wonder what difference does it make leaving now or at the end of the season. It makes a BIG difference.

Are you serious with this BS? The kid made a change because his parents wanted him to. It was a business decision on his parents behalf. Are you so clueless? This is not about commitments to teams and kids. This isn't PAL. Two years from now your kids will be competing for D1 slots. Wake up. You want to see cut throat??? The people on your own team will step on your neck when they find out the Penn coach is at the next game.