Originally Posted by Anonymous
So we are into the school lax season full swing....how are the 8th grade players that are playing for their JV and Varsity teams doing?? We are only a few short months away from our first of the Rising Freshman group to start the recruiting process!!

Not sure if this was asked sarcastically or not but from what I've seen of JV this year:
Kings Park had a couple of 8th graders who were major contributors. Goalie was great (think he was with Turtles) and big middie (from 91) was the big threat.

Miller place had a couple of 8th graders but no-one stood out. Big threat if I remember was a 9th grader from TLI.

Glenn had 2 8th graders starting. Both from 91, the defender showed some nice stick work.

Sayville has a few 8th graders starting, couple from 91. Middie is taking FO and doing well. Goalie is an 8th grader as is 1 attack and 1 defender. All contribute.

Any Nassau kids play JV or Varsity this past season? Or is it a 631 HS thing only? I have a 2019 Nassau kid want to know if we will be denied once he's an 8th grader.

Not just a Suffolk HS thing as far as 8th graders playing up on JV orV. Below are a few more Nassau players who have played HS lacrosse this year and all excelled.

Cold Spring Habor HS- two players ( attack and mid) Attack was starter

Mineola HS- two players on (mid and Dman) D was starter

Plainedge HS- one player (Dman) starter

Wantagh HS - one player (attack)

Friends Acd- three players (2 Dman, mid) all three starters

The messed up thing IMO is that many of the Nassau players mentioned are NOT going to their public school which is wrong of their town HS programs & parents allow the player to take a spot from someone who isn't going to Chaminade or St Ant's next season!

That should have nothing to do with the decision for a public middle school.That would not be fair because things happen and peoples lives and decisions change. If a kid is good enough parents and coaches agree and he/she passes the physical tests,so be it and good luck. On the flip side, maybe by including this player he may decide to not leave his current district. It could work both ways