Unfortunately players only have donk parents on BOTC and cheating and lying coaches as their role models. Don’t expect too much from the as they follow their example....you!

quote=Anonymous]
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about after the game when all of the players walk away and leave all of the garbage for their parents to clean up, not for one instance do they think about helping.....parents of high school players should be on the sideline rooting for their kids not acting as valets.... but I know, you're just "helping out the team"...

Ok - awesome - At the next tournament, we will keep an eye out for your perfect kid - the best on the field, from a true MD program, that is honestly run, with absolutely no holdbacks or kids from other programs or states that paid registration fees like everyone else. The kid that is carrying not only his bag, but his team tent, and a cooler of water and hey maybe a chair for the ref. I guess if we still aren’t sure who your kid is, he will be the one picking up everyone’s trash on the sidelines after the game. Obviously he’s not on the hawks, and he didn’t make under armour.[/quote]

Since you clearly cannot understand the big picture, this discussion is a waste of time. These kids are in high school, they need to take on a little more responsibility. While you may have good intentions as a parent, it is not too much to ask of the kids to bear a little bit of the burden. You drive your kid all over for tournaments, practices, play dates, etc., not to mention the money that you lay out to support him. Frankly, if I were the team coach, I would sure as heck make sure that the players are seeing to their own needs as much as possible. At this point, it is the coach's job to develop these kids from a playing perspective and as young men. As for the other nonsense about my perfect kid, he certainly is not, but I would sure say something to him if he left garbage all over the sidelines or didn't help out with something as simple as grabbing the corner of a tent. As for your assessment of my kid's talent, I will let that go in light of the fact that you are pounding your chest about Under Armour...and not sure about the Hawks reference, that team has been reduced to a core group with an assortment of weekly guest players.[/quote]