Originally Posted by Anonymous
The rumor is that Team 91 just took a kid from Express Terps as a middie! Why?

Why? Why not? The kid left his team/friends at the start of summer tournament season and shopped for another option. His parental units were not happy with their prior two organizations. So maybe this time it will work out for the kid. SL said sure come on over!!! Don't worry about the players that have been with me for years or months,they will understand you taking there playing time away.

Sheldon Cooper if you are reading this.....that was sarcasm

For the record, I'm not a parent on either team. However, these things happen all the time. We all must rememeber that these teams our children play on are a grown man's business. At the end of the day the revenue from these teams pay mortgages, car payments, tuition, etc. It's all about the business. On the flip side, many parents will do whatever they think is in the best interest of their kids happiness and well being. These top teams are not all fun and games for the kids, these kids are pushed very hard and results are demanded. Before you pass judgement on either end, stop and think. What would I do in the best interest of my business? What would I do in the best interest of my son? Not so cut and dry on either side of the conversation...

As parents we are consumers of an expensive non-necessity product, and as consumers and parents we have a lot of time and money invested in these businesses and that is why so many of these posts are so emotional/irrational. What better a forum then to opine about these titan's of industry?