Originally Posted by Anonymous
When you say our family will pass on this one or that one. My question is, what do you tell your kids? This is a team sport. This isn’t golf. This isn’t tennis. My kids are a very big part of their team, plus my son plays goalie. Is that the right message to give the kids. Is this the right thing to do to their teammates. The going gets tough, bail. There will be plenty of down time for the beach. Plenty of time to ride bikes. I personally wish we could postpone the season and start again in the fall. I’m just a parent, nobody gives a garbage about my opinion, I understand that. My view is, whatever their teams do, that’s what my kids will do. Obviously if one of them had an underlying health issue, I’d explain to my child that there is no choice in this decision. For the vast majority of people, like my family, life is starting to come back. If someone chooses to wait for the perfect, non Covid scenario, that’s their right, however this could be around for a very, very long time.

So you teach your son to follow the crowd and not think for himself. I'm not saying under normal conditions not to do what's best for the team. Realize, these aren't normal conditions, and many of the club owners are signing their teams up for a highly modified form of lacrosse. The only reason is to not refund money for lost practice time and tournaments. Club owners can give a hill of beans about our kids! Lastly, for teams traveling out of state, why wasn't that particular states guidelines provided to the parents? So I had to come on this forum for information that should have been provided by the club?