Originally Posted by Anonymous
This season feels like a long baseball rain delay. Watching a baseball game after a long rain delay, almost the entire stadium leaves before play resumes. People want to go home and sleep. They will get the final score in the morning. My son loves lacrosse, my daughters love lacrosse, my wife and I played lacrosse. We are a die hard lacrosse family. I wanted the season to get started, my kids wanted this to get going. Now it just seems like most families want to bail for the summer. Field permits, groups being together, hotels, team zooms, practicing with no contact. I know this wouldn’t happen because clubs have everyone’s money, but it would be the vote of most families to start up in the fall. The kids can play lax on their own with a couple friends, ride bikes, swim, BBQs. Club sports will be back strong again, but trying to salvage the last couple months of this season I think is the wrong way to go.

Same here. We decided to pack it up and start again in the fall. With all the restrictions, waivers, etc don't feel it's worth the time.

We shifted our plans and still plan to have our summer with lax but the lax will be local which is a very nice break from having to drive up and down the coast. There is room for family and sports. My son wants to play,. He misses his friends, wont be able to go to camp and can only spend so much time biking around, shooting hoops, swimming and gaming (Id rather he practice in the heat than play fortnite.) What we have no desire for is a 8 week season in July>August. Give us some practices for conditioning and skills work. 3-4 local 1 day tournaments and call it a summer. NLF in August in UMASS? Going to take a hard pass on that one.