Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son ('26) plays for a large Club in Western NY and I have been reading this thread and enjoying the banter. The one thing that I keep coming back to is look at the precautions the professional sports leagues are taking to get back to playing ( Quarantine periods, periodic testing, no fans, etc. ) and think to myself what politician is going to say "Yep, all clear, go ahead and have your YOUTH lacrosse tournament". Regardless if the threat of infection is real or a political football, what is the incentive for the people in power to "let them play".

WNY has been virtually unscathed during this pandemic (unlike NYC metro area) and I can't imagine my local politicians allowing us to have a regular, full contact practice this summer much less a tournament. Once Phase 4 rolls out we can get together and run drills but contact? Yeah I am not seeing it.

I want to be wrong but I fear I am not. I would love to have someone explain to me the benefit of a town, county, state allowing for a lacrosse tournament this summer?

Can't wait for the responses...

This just gets more absurd. No politician is saying, lets have a lax tournament. They are saying this is the criteria for these things to happen. If the criteria are met and you dont agree dont play. FYI, you can get together and run drills before Phase4......gatherings of less than 10 are allowed and station based training seems to be acceptable. Phase 4 is schools returning and sports. Though lax got a bS classification I do not believe Phase 4 says what sports can and cant be played. Phase 4 is essentially saying youre back to normal. If we dont see an uptick based on the protests (which i find a lot less safe than a lax tournament,.....for the most part) why would we not play lax? Too hot (are you a WP parent) Too scared? All fine but dont ask for money back.