Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t know if all the big programs will be fine. Let’s face reality. Colleges are losing millions of dollars over this crisis. Lacrosse brings absolutely no revenue to a college. Networks don’t have bidding wars to televise a lax game. Maybe 2000 people attend the actual games, some of these stadiums seat 80 to 100,000 people. Some places don’t even charge for tickets. I hope this doesn’t happen, but colleges are businesses. People who need to cut costs running a business, non revenue parts of the business are the first to go.

while I hear you re revenue, I would love to see donations broken down by sport at the school by their alumni base. I am willing to wager that by in large lax programs are heavy donors and they have 40-50 players per team. I have always said this and thought this was a good impetus to grow the sport. Unfortunately I have never seen any study.

12.6 scholarships for a team so the majority pay full (yes I know about academic scholarships and financial aid) but in general lax players pay for their way to go to college and then if they donate in a large amount its fresh money for the school.