Originally Posted by Anonymous
Get over yourself. Maybe some people just resent the fact that high school is the new college. Maybe it has nothing to do with being outworked or being bitter. Maybe it's just feeling like it's ridiculous that high school kids are being shipped off and boarded to play lacrosse - and not for academic reasons. Don't give me that! Maybe some people liked the local, regional rivalry,the fact that all the kids knew each other, played on clubs together. College was when you moved out of state and the stakes became so high.Now it's high school? Give me a break. Seems like a lot of parent ego to me. Who the heck ships their kid off in high school for lacrosse? What's the return on that? Ha.

Hit the nail on the head there! Its not these kids and their love of lacrosse - its the ego-centric parents who shop these kids around. Such greed and desperation!
I feel sorry for these kids who just play lacrosse-lacrosse and more lacrosse. Thrown into every tournament their parents can get them into because they have to because they are on B. Trying out for UA All American in another less competitive region. Just hope that they are happy where they eventually pick for college and if its really where she wants to be.

Skywalkers girls have been catering to these people for years. Just look it up, and if you know some of the parents just ask them. It adds to their program "to be good enough that kids from everywhere come to play here".
Ask those other parents (without an axe to grind) about them and they will tell you that they are just average players bloating up the dynamics of already crowded rosters.
I mean how good can you actually be playing against other kids from St Louis? (I get it-from these parents perspectives)
Its like "Varsity Blues" all over again- the current one, not the movie. These parents are pushing-pushing and pushing as they line up with their dollars. Its not really about skill anymore, its maneuvering your kid into position to get seen.

Makes me wish for the days of pickup ball again.