Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
As for Long Island, The "19" US Lacrosse All-Americans are (at least from what I have observed) usually legit. 9 from Nassau, 8 from Suffolk and 2 from Catholic schools. .

is this really the breakdown? so the ninth best player in Suffolk doesn't get AA but the ninth best in Nassau does? shouldn't it go by who the best 19 players are not where they live?
And the privates getting totally snubbed? with 2?

It’s based on the number of schools in the section . Being a USLacrosse AA first team on LI is no joke and legit . Say what you want about politics at least the ones picking the players know them . The UA AA senior is also very political and based somewhat on where players committed. and picked in many cases by people who don’t even know the players.i get that being a US lax AA in many regions is a joke but on LI it is not.

Over the years there has been no more "political" selection process than US Lacrosse All-American especially in Suffolk County. As far as UA goes, for the most part that is selected primarily by the women from IL...
There is input from others but for the most part UA is based off of club performance (top clubs vs top clubs as well as The Under Armour Underclass Games). As far as being based off of where the player is committed I... well that is a question of which came first? the chicken or the egg?

At the end of the day, when you look at the US Lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island and you look at the Under Armour All Americans from Long Island and then you look at the Players from long Island who go to the Top College Programs you are looking at the same players.

There are 19 US lacrosse All-Americans each year from Long Island, there are probably between 5 - 10 Under Armour Senior All-Americans from Long Island, on average over the past 5 years there are 9 or 10 players ranked on the Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Senior Rankings (it used to list 30, then it went to 40 I believe it is now 50 players). Somewhere between 15 - 25 Players from Long Island get recruited by the top programs in the country every year. These players are the same players that are on all the lists, earn the All-American awards and go on to compete for the best programs in the country. There seems to be a lot of agreement on who the top players are from people involved in the sport (although not from the parents). From what I have seen, looking at the players who have graduated college over the past 2 to 3 years as well as the current upper classmen in college the majority of players that were recognized
by US Lacrosse, Under Armour, Inside Lacrosse and the top college coaches at the top college programs have done very well.

We can say it is all political to make ourselves feel better but at the end of the day there are not 100 Top Tier Players every year from Long Island. There are more like 20 - 25 who can be considered legit.