Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes prior post was accurate. US Lacrosse changed the process a few years ago to reduce impact of politics. There is an AA committee but at the end of the day every coach in the county has 1 vote and they collectively decide who the 8 US Lax AA's are. The AA 2nd and 3rd team awards given last year which are not US Lacrosse related and should be called something else are picked by the committee and can be more influenced by politics.

Agree, that the 2nd and 3rd teams should be called something else... if we keep going at this rate every player will be an All-American. I think that their are 400 or 500 hundred US lacrosse All-Americans already.

If they (US Lacrosse) did in fact change it so that every coach in the county gets a vote I think that it is even worse than before... No way that the the HS coaches have a handle on all of the players. I guess they could always go by "stats"...

In the end it does not matter... the only lists that matter are the college coaches lists. Players get to see how they stack up on September 1 of their junior year.

Many of the "lists" are political. There is a top 40 list of LI JRs that have girls with no college commitment. .

So what

Congrats to every player who is recognized but it has gone a little overboard. Starting to be... Everyone gets a trophy. The reality is that there are between 20 - 25 Top Tier players in any give grad year on Long Long Island. There are many good players but there are only so many legit top tier kids.