Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of problems at President's Cup. Some might be because it's a new venue but hard to say for sure. The parking was terrible. Had to arrive 90+ minutes before games. It was a real cluster. You could not leave in between as a result. Also, they needed more food options. Lines were long at lunch (45 min+). We brought lunch the next day because it just wasn't worth it. Overall they seemed understaffed. Trash piled up. Not enough water jugs. No toilet paper by Sunday.

Medical was very slow to arrive. I watched a girl go down with what seemed to be a serious knee injury and coaches and parents had to carry her off the field. Medical arrived 5 min later.

There were not a lot of hotels near the field complex so people were scattered from Boca to Jupiter to Palm Beach and elsewhere. And you had to stay at the hotels selected. It was hard to get girls together if the team didn't all book at one place. The cheapest option I saw was $140 a night (and that place looked rough) so the cheap Disney motels might have been better.

This was our first year but I would imagine Disney certainly would've been better with transportation given their bus system.

The logistical issues were certainly rough, although they seemed to get a little better each day. I cant imagine that the event organizers didn't notice the problems and should be working on solutions for next year.
the actual location was very nice, the fields were well maintained. I was happy with the hotel options and once away from the sphere of the event i didn't encounter any traffic or overcrowding form the event at local restaurants, wawa etc.
The college coaches turned out and watched just as advertised
The venue by design is really big.
maybe they should reduce the number of teams allowed to play? 1 team per age per club?
it should be easy enough to dd more food/water vendors as there was plenty of room.
More assistance from local authorities to direct traffic is needed and should be possible to arrange.. they may need to reimburse the PD for the needed manpower.
parking was sufficient in size, but getting in and out needs to be fixed. additional exits and entrances to the field are needed.. it was close to getting problematic on Sunday with the early rain.. if that field got a little wetter I imagine a lot of cars getting stuck in the mud.
I agree its a bad time of year to spend $2k on lacrosse, but when is a good time to do so?